John Henderson Real Estate
2406 Gold Coast Highway Mermaid Beach
07 5572 8011
07 5572 0176Contact us
Essential Choices for a Successful Sale
Before beginning to market your property, you need to decide on:
– Method of sale
– The people you would like to handle the sale of your property
– The pricing strategy
– The type of marketing best suited to your needs
– Timeframe to complete your sale
Choosing an Agent
In an exclusive agency with John Henderson Professionals Mermaid Beach:
– We are totally committed to achieving the best result for you
– We work as a team, and each and every sales agent is encouraged to sell your property
– An individually tailored marketing programme will be developed for your property
– You will receive regular feedback
– You will receive the best offer available
Selling by Auction
An auction is likely to:
– Attract genuine, motivated buyers
– Establish current market values
– Provide an opportunity for you to receive the maximum sale price
– Allow you to dictate the terms of the sale
– Allow you to secure a cash sale that is completely unconditional
– Foster competition among buyers who may push the price up
– Eliminate perceived negatives and objections to an asking price
– Create a sense of urgency among prospective buyers before the auction day
However, it may also
– Tend to make conditional buyers feel excluded
– Deter those buyers looking for an indication of price
– Become a highly public process and result
Selling By Setting A Fixed Price (Private Treaty)
A fixed price is likely to:
– Enable conditional and unconditional buyers to consider buying your property
– Make it easier for a buyer to negotiate a sale
– Attract only those buyers in your price range
However, it may also;
– Force you to set your maximum price before testing the market
– Remove a sense of urgency because there is no fixed sale date
Establishing a Price Strategy
This is one of the most important factors in selling your property and you should discuss this carefully with your sales agent.
If it is priced correctly from the start it will:
– Maximise your chance of attracting as many buyers as possible
– Take less time to sell
– Avoid deterring buyers who believe it is over-priced
– Avoid deterring buyers who feel it is underpriced and assume there is something wrong with it
– Avoid selling for a lower price than necessary
Properties generate most interest in the first 30 days of listing.
Pricing your property at the right market value during the first 30 days ensures an optimum number of buyers will consider it. The competition between these buyers produces a premium price for you and can result in a quicker sale.
Open Homes and Inspection by Appointment
The Open Home allows the buyers to make a decision that the property is of interest, without feeling they are intruding on the residents. The open homes are undertaken on Saturday and/or Sunday for a duration of 30 minutes, generally between 10.00am and 2.00pm.
This, as well as a stronger sense of potential competition amongst the buyers can mean prompt action from committed buyers.
We keep a security register, so that every visitor to the property leaves contact details.
Some buyers wish to see the property during the week or they may be working with a particular agent who has suggested your property to them. For these individual appointments we follow your instructions on access details. It is usual practice that an appointment is made in advance and you are contacted.
The visiting agent will leave their business card on each visit and provide your listing agent with feedback from the buyers.
As many appointments take place at times when there is no one home, your house key is kept secured, with the address coded to ensure that it can only be accessed by our agents.
Benefits Of Promoting Your Property
It is essential to maximise exposure to the market through promotion. Promotion increases the number of potential buyers aware of your property and increases the chance of achieving a premium price. The level of investment you make in marketing your property will usually have a significant effect on your return.
Benefits of Promoting Your Property on the Internet
There are many ways to advertise your property. Whilst it is important to get the right advertising mix, facts show that:
– 9 out of 10 people use the internet to search for properties to buy (Australian Property Report, Nielsen Online, 2008)
– 40% of enquiry about your property will be generated from your online advertising (Macquarie Real Estate Benchmark Report, 2008)
– Realestate.com.au is the No.1 real estate website in every state of Australia, that provides you with access to more buyers than any other site. (Nielson Online, Market Intelligence, March 2009)
Theres a perception that every online property ad is the same. In actual fact, just like newspaper advertising, there are various online advertising options and with 9 out of 10 buyers using the internet to search for property to buy, it is important to understand your advertising options.
You can make your property a “feature property” on www.realestate.com.au, guaranteeing that your home is one of the first that the buyer will see. Feature Properties receive up to 4 times more views than standard listings.
– Your listing is sent to the top of the search upon purchase of a Feature Property
– Additional purchases send the listing back to the top of the search
– Your listing appears above standard listings
– Approximately 4 times more views than a standard listing
– Border and larger property image providing greater appeal and more prominence in the search results.
Benefits Of Promoting Your Property in the Newspaper
Using a range of media to reach all your targets is imperative, and newspaper is an important medium to use. Our print media of choice is the Gold Coast Bulletin, for the following reasons:
– No other single medium can match the reach of The Gold Coast Bulletin on the Gold and Tweed Coasts, outselling all other daily newspapers in the region by about 3 to 1#.
– Newspaper advertisements have the greatest influence on property inspection, above colour real estate magazines, websites, agent’s window displays and signage, letterbox-dropped flyers and radio advertisements.^
– The Gold Coast Bulletin is Gold Coasters’ preferred property newspaper with 87% stating that it is the one single newspaper they used most when looking at newspaper property advertising.* Additionally, the Gold Coast Bulletin is Gold Coasters’ preferred medium for property advertising, used well above internet, magazines, agency signage and other newspapers.*
– Over half (59%) of property buyers are in the market for four weeks or more*, which highlights the importance of ongoing advertising (including branding advertising) within Gold Coasters preferred media vehicle – The Gold Coast Bulletin.
– 85.3% of The Gold Coast Bulletin’s readers would want the agent to use the Weekend Bulletin’s Real Estate liftout if they were selling a property on the Gold and Tweed coasts.
Advertisements in The Gold Coast Bulletin have many benefits for readers and also promote consumer action – meaning The Gold Coast Bulletin can work for you! Include the Gold Coast’s favourite newspaper in your media schedule and benefit from increasing success.
Sources : # Audit Bureau of Circulations, September 2009; *Monitor Research 2006 Homebuyers Survey; @TNS Reader Relationship Survey, 2007; ^ Ellie Hallet, Property Research Consultant